Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas.

We switched it up a bit this year and had our traditional dinner on Christmas Eve.
I've decided that making breakfast on Christmas day is all the cooking I want to do.
I liked it and a new tradition has been created.

I was able to pull out my impressive yule log for our dinner centerpiece.
My darling french friend made it for taking their family pictures.


After dinner, we opened a few gifts from our little family drawing.
The person most exited about her gift goes to...Lucy!
Violet gave her a Daddy polar bear, making her family complete.
She is also wearing a polar bear shirt :)


Kennedy was thrilled with her barbie head to practice doing hair and nails from Mom.


Kennedy picked out a princess baby for Violet.
The first of many princesses to come, I'm sure.


Lucy gave Dad a tool bag he has been eying at Home Depot.
She had nothing to do with the picking out process what-so-ever.


Dad picked Mom (again!)
and had to pick yet another present out for her.
He did good with some new PJ's.



The girls also opened their Christmas PJ's and then it was off to bed!
Grandma Vicki and I whipped those PJ bottoms out the night before.



Ahh, we had a wonderful Christmas morning.
It was one of those years where Santa just nailed it!

Kennedy and Lucy were overjoyed with these little gems:
A Barbie Cadillac and the American Doll McKenna!
(along with every accessory imaginable!)



And we couldn't get Miss Violet out of her little playhouse.
She played in it all. day. long.




Except when she was cruising with big sis.


This year was all about the outdoor toys.
And because of our awesome weather, we got to enjoy them all day long!




Who needs snow on Christmas!?

It was such a great day.
We loved having Grandpa, Grandma, and Uncle Shawn here with us.
We hope they come back next year!

Rex had some major post Christmas blues when he had to go back to work the next day.
When Grandma offered to help me take the tree down, he wouldn't have it.
We had to keep it up until the New Year so he could savor the Christmas joy a little longer.

Nothing brings him greater joy than Christmas and Disneyland!





No comments: