| When driving through Beaver, UT you must stop for a blizzard and take this picture |
But I have a theory about driving with kids. It seems to me that when there is a parent in the passenger seat, our girls are much more needy/whiney/we must stop now! than when that chair sits empty. If it's just me, they know they are on their own back there in the 3rd row. They are free to watch movie after movie but Mom needs to drive (and listen to her audiobook!). It also helps that I have the best snacks on hand, a bin of their favorite little toys, and an activity bag filled with all kinds of coloring books.
The drive proved my theory right again. The girls were so good! Even little V was a trooper. I had to spoil them with a new Barbie and a trip to the Drive-in to see 'Madagascar 3' for their good behavior.
Bring on the fun. We are ready to play!
3 comments:
what a fun trip! are you guys back yet??
That's a good idea. I'll have to try putting all of them in the third row instead of right behind me. You always have good ideas.
My kids and I want to see that movie so badly. How was it? Glad the drive went well.
Post a Comment