01. An unbelievable 10 hour drive to Mount Pleasant.
We only had to stop 2 times! 2 times, I tell you!
I am going to give myself a pat on the back for this one.
I packed one awesome activity and snack bag.
Plus only letting them take tiny sips of water helped with the potty stops ;)
02. Perfect weather with daily afternoon showers.
03. Hours of play with the cousins in Grandpa's backyard.
04. Jumping
05. Haircuts from Aunt Michelle.
06. An airplane ride with Captain Uncle Joe.
07. a GIRLS ONLY tea party.
Mom had to skip out on this one due to a migraine :(
08. A viewing of The Little Mermaid at Tuacahn in St. Goerge on our journey home!
A couple of traveling lowlights we will never forget:
That awesome dust storm that hit phoenix on July 5th came at the exact moment Rex's plane was suppose to land (he flew back after the 4th while the girls and I stayed another 10 days). After a closed airport, a deferred flight to California, hours of waiting in the plane, a plane malfunction, and finally a plane transfer, he arrived home at 3 am.
(His flight was suppose to arrive at 8:44 pm.)
Then we made up for that awesome drive to MP when Lucy picked up pink eye the day we left for St. George. We were able to get her some drops before we left town but it definitely got worse before it got better. That 3 1/2 drive felt like 10! We ended up staying in SG for an extra day so she could recover.

Crunchy Muffin indeed!


6 comments:
Looks like a fun trip. That picture of Lucy is so sad:(
That picture of Lucy is so sad...and cute. lol. Sounds like a good trip and only 2 stops?! I am very impressed, indeed. My brother sent me pictures of that dust storm - crazy! Glad everything worked out for Rex....eventually ;) Also, a few weeks ago I heard about a small private plane crashing near Mt Pleasant and I was so worried it was someone from your family. I am glad it wasn't. I need your number so I can call you in such cases as those! Phew!
Looks so fun! Except that picture of Lucy with pink eye. Could she look more miserable? We miss you guys! I am getting ready for our first day of school next week, but then we should get together!
I just saw your comment... I wish I would have been on the ball sooner so, Kael could have played with your little girls while you were here.
Looks like you guys had a great time.
Your girls are getting soooo big!
Poor Lucy with her pink eye. That looks miserable! Speaking of miserable, what's with all the dust storms this year. I heard there has been 4!! WOW!! Poor Rex and his flight nightmare.
Post a Comment