After dinner, I kissed Rex good-bye and sent him on his way to St. George. About 10 minutes later, I got a call from him telling me his car had just overheated and we needed to turn around and pick him up. (Big bummer for him and kind of funny for me because he was leaving without us). Long story short, we got the car fixed and his trip was only delayed for about 12 hours.
But the Jetta car troubles didn't end there. We decided he should take my car because I was nervous about his car making it. That was a good call since it quit running on my way home from church on Sunday. At this point, I certainly was not laughing about it anymore. Looks like a new car is in the very near future whether we want it or not.
The girls were great from Mom. Lucy went to her first day of nursery like a champ and Kennedy was a great helper. We watched Emma (because it's never too early to introduce the wonderful world of Jane Austen), popped popcorn and spent lot's of time playing around the house. But we would not have survived without the *R family! We hung out at their house practically all weekend swimming, jumping, and watching the Suns game (broke my heart to see them loose).
And I am pretty sure Rex had a good time doing all his favorite things: golf, movies, and eating good food. Him being able to have a weekend with his brothers was definitely worth all the car troubles and being a single parent all weekend. We all missed him dearly and are so glad he is home!
2 comments:
Such fun pictures! I am glad you survived the weekend and I am glad we all went to pizzeria bianco. it was amazing! Thanks!
What fun!! That restaurant has been on my wish list for some time now. It's that long wait time that deters me from getting there! Something about needing to be organized a month ahead of time just throws me off!!
Sorry about the car... ugh!
Post a Comment