The first day she was so excited about all the treats, prizes, and praise she would receive for going on the toilet that she would tell us she had to go about 15 times an hour. All day long. I think she may have been a little terrified of having an accident (which she only had three because she was on the toilet 98% of the time). Needless to say, we all went to bed early and completely exhausted.
and being thisclose to picking out a prize.
Then yesterday morning we had a little melt down. She sat on the toilet for two hours and there was no getting her off no matter what we did. She wouldn't eat because she would get off the toilet which lead to one cranky little girl. We almost threw in the towel but remembered that we couldn't because we threw all her diapers away the day before. I am so glad we didn't give up because after she got a nap and some food in her she did great. We only had one accident, many successes, and not quite so many false alarms as we did the day before.
Today she has had 0 accidents and only a few false alarms. It's definitely starting to click. I love to hear her say, "LET'S GO POTTY!" and she looks so adorable in her little princess underwear. I am hoping that towards the end of this week we can maybe venture out of the house. Heaven knows I am going to need it!
Rex has been such a good support even though he was not ready to potty train her just yet. He and KJ built a cute little castle to keep her entertained and I think he took her to the potty more times than I did. I couldn't have done it without him!
3 comments:
wow- i wanted to chat with you about it at church yesterday but I didn't have a chance. Rich told me you guys were gonna throw in the towel but I am soooo glad you didn't. Hurrah for no accidents! Ryann hasn't had any accidents at home for the past couple days- she just holds it and holds it and holds it and you get the picture. basically she holds it until we put a diaper on her for bed. We are taking the slow approach though. anyway, glad to see she is figuring it out!
Guess what I finally hooked up my computer and I am comming out of hiding.In other words I have the day off. I cant belive how much miss KJ has acomplished since we last saw you. Give her a great big high five from her favorite aunt and cousins. We are so proud of her.
I can't believe Kennedy is that old already(potty training). Ohh just the thought of having to do that with Olivia-oh man it never ends. Once you get one thing down their is another challenge around the corner.
Post a Comment