Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Introducing

LUCY MICHELLE
Well we made it home from the hospital this afternoon and are getting adjusted to being a family of four! We feel very fortunate that the labor and delivery went well.

Here is a quick recap:

Monday morning, we went to a regularly scheduled appointment for Natalie and the Dr. said Lucy was still pretty high....no delivery was likely for a few days.

Lucy had other ideas. Between 10 in the morning and 4:30 that afternoon, Nat and Lucy were busy getting things set up and, at 4:30, Nat's water broke. She called me at work and I flew home like a nervous, elated father would.

We headed for the hospital and I dropped Nat off at the front door then went to park the car. They handed me a visitor form to quickly fill out as I walked in, and I went in to see Nat. Little did I know that I was supposed to fill out Nat's information instead of mine. So, the hospital had a 32 year old named Rex on the initial paperwork.

Luckily, that was really the only drama of the labor and delivery. Nat's contractions got stronger, she pushed a few times, and sweet little Lucy showed up at 9:44 PM...all 7 lbs 5 oz and 19.5 inches of her.

We are all happy to be home after Nat and I have been sharing the hospital bed for the past two nights (their father's lounger was apparently deposited by a glacier over 5000 years ago).

Thanks to everyone for your calls of congratulations, love and support during this thrilling/joyful/terrifying time in our lives.

8 comments:

Michelle Akauola said...

Oh she is so cute. You are such a hoot rex filling out your stuff ( v would have done the same thing). I feel so honored everytime I see her name it honestly brings me to tears. I just wish I could be there it is so hard for me to be stuck here and not be able to be there and see all of your smiling faces especially KJs. It is such a special thing to have a little sister so close in age. They are going to be best friends for the rest of there lives. KJ is so lucky and lucy lucky for having KJ give them both big kisses and we will come asap. We love you and miss you. Oh and I am glad your home and safe.

Brittani said...

Where did Natalie get that amazing hospital gown? what? www.laborlooks.com ?? oh ok. awesome

Tyler V said...

Yep, she's absolutely beautiful! Congrats! Glad L&D went well for Natalie--that makes life so much nicer! I hope your recovery goes as smoothly.
Cutest pict of KJ with her little sister!

SarahC said...

Lucy is my grandmother's name! She is so adorable & I'm glad all went well. Congratulations!

Sarah

The Bellyakers... said...

Yea!!! Congrats dear friends! She is beautiful!!

Didn't I run into you the morning she was born at Joanns???

Mrs. Ordinary said...

What a beauty (Nat and Lucy both)! And so funny Rex! Have you seen that episode of The Office where Michael makes the same mistake...?

Emilee said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations. I am glad that things went well.

Jesse said...

Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family. Natalie, you are good at this. Glad everything went well.