A beautiful healthy baby. So far, Lucy has been the sweetest little baby. Her temperament is so mild, she is nursing great, and it takes quite a bit to get her worked up. This truly has been a tender mercy from the Lord. Kennedy had a very hard time as an infant (four very long months of colic!) and we were prepared for the worst. We love having her in our home!
Little Miss K. Jane. I know things are going to get difficult when Rex goes back to work and Grandma goes home but, it has been so fun watching Kennedy interact with Lucy. She loves kissing on her and doing anything she can to help. She has been on a baby high since her first visit to the hospital. I love how she says, “Baby Lucy!” in her little toddler voice and pats her little back along with me when I am burping her. It just melts my heart.
My Companion. Yesterday morning I was franticly running around trying to get caught up on housework instead of catching up on sleep and eating. Rex demanded I go to bed and when I woke up, the house was clean, laundry was folded, and even the fridge was cleaned out. Between the Thanksgiving holiday and having a baby, we have had a great week and a half of spending time together. I’m really not ready for him to go back to work tomorrow.
My Fantastic Mom. Who really has gone above and beyond her call of duty. She has taken great care of Kennedy over the past week (I think they have been on about 50 walks to the park). I came home from the hospital with a new center piece on my dinning room table, my snow village all set up, a spruced up Christmas tree, , a spotless house (carpet and bathroom cleaning included), and a dozen white roses. Am I spoiled or what!? Oh, and she has also done the grocery shopping and cooking every night. She is amazing; no way could I accomplish that all in one short week.
Supportive Family and Friends. Thanks for all the calls, cards, and congratulations. I know most of our family would be here, if they could, to meet the newest member of our family. I can’t wait to see most of our family over the next couple of months!
6 comments:
congratulaiont, I'm a little late, but I'm glad to hear everything went well.
Isnt mom the greatest. I do not know how she can get so much done in so little time. I know it is going to be hard to have her go but I promise it will be ok and you will be a perfect mom and wife. Just remember if it gets to hard its ok to take sometime to yourself and give a grown up a call just to let your frustrations out or your tears of I cant do this. Your going to be so great.
For miss kenny her hair is getting so long and she even has a barett in. She is growing up so fast. I cant wait to see you. Love ya
She's beautiful Natalie! Congrats!! That is so great. It sounds like everything went well and that you have a wonderfully healthy little one!
hey- can you send me a picture with your gown on so I can put it on the laborlooks blog? you don't have to have your face in it if you don't want to... but I would love it if you did! thanks
Congratulations! It sounds like things are going well. What an exciting time for all of you.
Congrats Nat!!! I need to come visit!!!
Post a Comment