Christmas Eve we enjoyed dinner at our favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. After that we went to the Zoo and enjoyed their Christmas lights while munching on kettle corn.
We came home and opened our Christmas pajamas and all of us were tucked in bed by 9:30.
Christmas morning Rex got up with Kennedy allowing Lucy and I to sleep in. I was a little sad when I came downstairs and saw Kennedy already playing with her kitchen set that Santa brought her. But Rex assured me that he got it all on film (it still wasn’t the same as witnessing it in person).
We finished opening Gifts and spent the rest of the morning and afternoon playing with our new toys. My favorite gift to Rex was a quilt I made out of all his Utah State T-Shirts. He was excited but had suspected he was getting it because a big chunk of his T-shirts had been missing for months. One of the reasons I was so excited to make it for him is because he would no longer be wearing 10 year old T-shirts. We really need to go shopping for him because he is now wearing shirts that are even older!
Christmas night we had dinner with our friends, The M*'s. We love having them as our neighbors; we have celebrated almost every holiday with them this year. Rex and I made our first holiday ham. It tasted great but took an hour longer than we planned. So by the time it was ready, the
kids were starving and ready for bed. But we still had fun.
The day after Christmas Rex’s parents came to stay with us. We were so excited to have them come see us and meet their newest grandchild. We had a great time visiting, playing games, going to the Zoo, and playing with Kennedy.
1 comment:
thats right--- i forgot to ask all about kj's christmas! how is the kitchen set?
Post a Comment