I went to the doctor on Wednesday. Still nothing...high, thick, and dry. I took Kennedy with me (oddly she gets so excited to go) thinking I would be in and out within 10 minutes like I usually do. The doctor was a little concerned about the size of the baby because I am measuring small for 37 weeks. She had me do a 30 minute stress test just to make sure the baby's heart rate and movements were strong. Kennedy sat with me on the table the entire time watching cartoons, sipping juice, and chowing down on the crackers I was suppose to be eating. Everything looked good but she ordered an ultrasound at my next appointment just to make sure.
So, I am thinking I definitely will be going to my due date or even past it. Which really, I am okay with because that means I have more days to spend one on one time with this little button!

She did the cutest thing today. As I was putting the groceries away, she was quietly playing in the family room. When I went to check on her, she had her shirt up with an earphone bud to her tummy mimicking her little sisters heart beat. I just wanted to gobble her up but decided to change her stinky diaper instead.
5 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry. I hate these last doctor appointments, because nothing really means anything. Take me--baby's in place, I'm dilated to 3.5 and effaced, but baby ain't coming any time soon. Sheridan sat at a 4 for 2 weeks. Then, the doc gets you all excited that you're gonna have the kid and...you end up getting induced.
Not that that is going to happen to you. They really have no idea, however, and I think I know more 2nd time moms where NOTHING happens until later (well, like 39 weeks or something, as opposed to the 1st where the baby gets ready a month before it actually comes). Uh, sorry, this is a really long comment. Have you tried the Tylenol/cola combo for the migranes? My friend said they're working wonders for her!
Hang in there! The last few weeks are so tough. You've got a great attitude about it. I think you are a wise mommy to live it up with Kennedy while you wait.
That is so frustrating - but you've got a great attitude and this time with Kennedy is a blessing too. I can't wait to see your new little girl. For us it's been a difficult adjustment, especially for Austin, but I think that's because he's been sick and is getting molars all at the same time - hopefully KJ doesn't have to deal with any of that and she'll probably adjust much quicker and easier than Austin has been. But if not, you'll just take it one day at a time and each day gets a little better! Thinking of you guys:)
Oh That sucks. The stress tests are kind of fun thought you get to see how big the baby is getting. I am so glad kj was good for you. It was to much to take ky every week for those thing but I finally got them to do them in MP. Well hang in there and stay positive.
Love ya mich
Just because you are measuring small doesn't mean you will be late! I can't believe you are 37 weeks.. you look fabulous!! So glad to hear all is well....
Post a Comment