Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our California Adventure

A couple of weeks ago, we spent three wonderful days with my family in California. It was a much needed vacation for the Rex & I and Kennedy really enjoyed her first real vacation (no, going home to see family doesn't count as a vacation). I had no idea that California was such a short drive from Phoenix (about 6 hours), I think we will be making more trips there in the near future!

Our first stop...Sea World in San Diego. Please ignore KJ's dome head, it was the only sun hat available at Target. It was meant for a small newborn.

Since Kennedy loves all things animal, I was a little surprised she was not more into the exhibits. She had the most fun cruising up a down the benches waiting for the shows and licking the railings where hundreds of germy hands had been. Yuck!




After spending the first day in San Diego, we headed up north to Disneyland. I was sooo excited! I have been wanting to go since we moved here. Kennedy loved all the rides we took her on. She would kick her legs and say weeee at all the right times. It was so cute! She did not, however, like waiting in the lines and when we would get off the ride, she would try to squirm out of our arms to get back on.

When Rex and I have gone to Disneyland in the past, we spent most of the time on the big rides. On the drive there, we decided that this trip was mostly for Kennedy and we probably wouldn't have as much fun. Boy were we mistaken! It was so fun to see her excitement and experience the magic with a little one. Oh, and we did get to hit the big rides too! Thanks to my mom for taking Kennedy back to the room for a nap!



I don't know if it is just getting older but those kid rides that constantly spin in a circle seriously made me sick. I was thisclose to loosing my lunch and spewing it all over this nice Asian family on the big farris wheel at California Adventure. After that, I just had to close my eyes on every ride or Rex would take her.




Here is most of the Seely gang waiting to get on the new Nemo ride. We had to wait for a whole hour but it was well worth it.



Thanks Mom and Dad for the great trip!

6 comments:

Jesse said...

How fun! I totally agree about kids and amusement parks. I had so much more fun taking Grace around Dland than I've ever had there before.

Matt and Allyson said...

I meant to write this yesterday...but anyhow...Happy Birthday Natalie! Hope you have a great day with lots of love and pampering. We love reading your blog. Croshaw's!

tyler and ali said...

I think having babies started causing me some motion sickness. It got better after I had Sheridan, but after Jack I almost puked on my niece on some spinning ride. Fabulous!
Sounds like a WONDERFUL trip! Miss you!

riley said...

I just read the Croshaw's comment, Happy Belated Natalie! Your trip to CA / Disneyland sounds like it was a lot of fun {minus the motion sickness}! We really wanted to make it there before we left but it didn't happen, maybe next year. I have heard from many friends that even younger babies like Gabe and KJ really love it.

Thanks for you comments on my blog Nat, {or Rex, maybe Rex is the chef of the family and left the comment?..} I just wanted to send you a huge congrats on the cheese and wine, very exciting. I finally have internet as of yeserday and have several new recipes to post so stay tuned.

Adree said...

REX- this is your long lost friend Jon Bingham. I came across your blog on Croshaw's blog. It was good to finally get an update on how you are doing. Send me your email and we will invite you to our blog.

Matt and Allyson said...

Nat - Remember when you and Rex came and stayed for Amy Nuttals farewell...we asked you then and wrote it down. I am just now getting around to actually sending you happy wishes...but atleast we thought about you every year on your day!