Sunday, September 2, 2007

This Girl is Sick

This week has been one of learning for Nat and I. This week, we have learned that "spit-up" is much different, and actually preferred, to "barf".

Our little educational clinic started on Tuesday. I was in Las Vegas working out of our Vegas branch and Nat called me to tell me that Kenny was not feeling well. We had seen her spit-up, and knew she was proficient at it. However, this time, she had thrown up all over everything in front of her creating a clear distinction between the two activities. From there, she continued to illustrate the difference between spit-up and barf until it completely exhausted her. She became limp. By the time I got home on Wednesday night from Vegas, she was a pretty sad little sight. We spent that night giving her Pedialyte to try and keep her hydrated.

By Friday, the flu had retreated from it's original design of complete mess creating via oral spew, and set in on its secondary mission, to create the worst smelling diaper ever to bless our home. After the first few buffetings her diaper dealt to my nose, I began to feel that I couldn't blame her for what was going on....after all, I wouldn't want anything that rotten inside of me either.

So, here we are, it is Sunday of Labor Day weekend and Kenny is slowly recuperating. She is getting better at holding down her food and regaining her strength. We hope it will continue so that we can get back to that spunky little sweetheart we know and love.

4 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

Awwwwwwwww, that is so sad! Austin's had a runny nose before, but nothing beyond yet, and we are definitely not looking forward to that day :(. And of course, it had to happen to you guys when Rex was out of town - why does it always seem to go like that?

Mrs. Ordinary said...

So sad :( I hope she is feeling better.

Vicki said...

Just had fun looking at some cute, cute pictures. Kennedy has grown so much since July!

Miss you - hugs and loves
MOM & LYNN

tyler and ali said...

Ohh, that is so sad! I have never felt so helpless as I did the first time Jack got the flu. What makes it even worse is that they just want to be held, which usually results in Mommy getting puked on several times--and you can't even get frustrated at them cuz it's so sad! I hope you all are doing tons better!