Friday, November 30, 2012

Best Day Ever?





In Lucy's words, "Thursday is going to be the best day ever!"
She had so much to look forward to.
She was going to take doughnuts to school for her birthday (which is on Saturday), 
stay for lunch bunch, and the grand finale was her rainbow party at Airworx with all her friends!

It turned out to be the worst day ever.
She woke up with a stomach bug.
First time she has been sick all year.
Pale as a sheet and had the barfs.
Her party was going to have to be postponed. 
She was crushed.
And I was heartbroken for her. 

I did everything I could to cheer her up.
A couple of friends brought her some get well gifts,
we had a picnic on the lawn, and painted nails.
By the end of the afternoon she was feeling much better.



The party is rescheduled for Monday.
I bet she will never forget her 4th birthday and
how she had to cancel her very first friends party.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh how sad! Poor little girl :(

But a good thing she has the funnest, best mom ever! Still sounds like you had such a fun day. Love the pic at the end - so cute!