I ordered him a salad at Paradise Bakery because he was running a little late. He ate the entire thing before we realized that the peanuts on top of the salad were actually cashews. Yeah, he is allergic to all tree nuts. By the time we arrived home his airways were closing off but he could still breathe so we didn't have to take him to the ER. Whew! I dashed to Walgreens to stock up on Benadryl and by the time I got back, his entire face was swollen. It was so bad! The best way to describe it is he looked like Harry Potter when Hermione puts a jinx on his face so that he is unrecognizable when they get captured in the last book. By the end of the night, his eyes were almost completely swollen shut and he was certainly unrecognizable. Sorry, no pictures, he wouldn't even let me snap one. I felt so bad, I probably apologized at least 100 times, made his favorite cookies, and pretty much did whatever he wanted.
The swelling lasted most weekend and he was pretty drowsy from all the Benadryl. But he didn't want to miss out. So Saturday morning, he threw on a hat and we had a picnic at the park. The weather was unseasonably cool, it was perfect. The battery in my camera died just after snapping these few shots.
On Monday it finally heated up enough to swim. They girls were so excited to put on their new suits and little V was just itchin' to kick her legs in the water. That night we some friends and the Missionaries over for a BBQ.
Kennedy attempting a cannon ball.
What a great way to kick off summer.
Ahh, I sure love summer!


2 comments:
Poor Rex! Do you guys not have an epi pen? That is so scary! We had an incident last night at a party. The lady had rinsed out an old carton of ice cream & put her homemade ice cream (of the same flavor) in that carton. Annabelle wanted some, so I checked the ingredients (of course!) and told her she was good to go. Two bites in she told me there must be eggs because her throat & tummy felt funny. So I asked, sure enough there was! I felt so bad for Anna. SHe puked all over the driveway and came home and puked some more. Gotta love it!
Oh no!!!!! I'm glad you made him his favorite cookies and the rest of the weekend worked out:)
Post a Comment