Wednesday, August 24, 2011

[the home stretch]




Tomorrow I hit the 37 week mark!
Full term means I am finally close the end (or I guess the beginning)

I haven't written as much about this pregnancy as I would have liked
but here are a few things I hope to never again be doing at 9 months pregnant:

1. Be 9 months pregnant in September, or August, or July for that matter. It was 115 smoking degrees today. One-fifteen! I almost hyperventilate everytime I go anywhere. As soon as we get back home, I immediately have to lay under the A/C and turn the fan on high. When Rex calls to check in and asks how I am doing, my response is usually, "I am a sweaty mess!"

2. Sell our house and have to be out of it 1 week before my due date. Yeah, talk about stress! This little peanut is not allowed to come early! Which I don't think is likely since I am showing no signs of labor.


3. Buy a new house that requires several renovations before we can move in. I've been our busy little contractor over the past month. Pregnancy brain + lots of decisions to be made + schedules to keep track of + many trips to the new house in hot weather = Natalie feeling like she is a chicken running around with her head cut off. But I am so excited about the new place and happy that it's not far from the old one (just a few miles). Here is a small preview of what the previous occupants left us with:


A stinky enormous fish tank greeting you right as you walk into the front door!


I guess I could look at it as being a nice distraction from the dreaded last month of pregnancy. It has kept me occupied pretty much all day and keeping me up at night. I just hope to get a little breather so I can spend some less stressful quality time with these two before their little sis makes her big arrival!


Speaking of her big arrival, we have yet to decide on a name for her. When we went out for our anniversary we said we couldn't come home until she had a name. Ha! That didn't happen but we managed to narrow it down to four names - Nora, Stella, Violet or Clara. We have justified our indecisiveness with wanting to meet her before making the final decision. And quite honestly, I really have no idea which one it will be!

8 comments:

Kailee Joy said...

I am soo sorry... I seriously dread going outside for any reason.. I guess I should consider myself lucky though, I'm not dealing with anything close to 115. Yikes!

Annie K said...

That is wonderful about the house. I am amazed you were able to sell it. I heard it was still pretty rough down there.

Kristen Kohler said...

I didn't realize you were so close to your due date or that you were selling your house!!! Wow that's a lot to do while 9 months pregnant! We definitely need to catch up sometime. Good luck with everything. Let us know if you need help!

Michelle Akauola said...

I know I should be more concered with the baby but I want to see picks of the house. My vote for baby3s name is stella and you already know kylenas not that that will help but you know. I wish you were closer to us then maybe we could help out more but that doesnt help either. well we love ya and hang in there

Megan said...

I did not realize you were so close to the end. But that is awesome! I can't believe you bought & cols a home in the last trimester. Not sure if I should say you are awesome...or crazy. lol. And 115 degrees? You poor, poor thing. I like Violet, Clara and Megan. What?! That last one wasn't on the list? Hmmmm.

Matt and Allyson said...

I feel your pain...sweaty mess! Although it doesn't get to 115 here. Good luck with the new house. Be careful all that running around and packing can definitely put a woman into labor! We are on the same schedule, though. I am due the 16th, so I think we're pretty close. I love all four names you have picked, especially Clara!

Kenningtons said...

Good luck with your last days of pregnancy and your move.

Shannon W. said...

Thinking of you and super excited to see lots of pictures.....whenever you get some time. Wishing you the best!