Tuesday, May 24, 2011

{Disneyland}




Yup, you read that right, we just can't get enough. We wanted to go on one last family vacation with the girls before the baby gets here. Even though we had just gone in September, we couldn't think of a more fun place to take them than Disneyland. And we are so glad we did! Minus the 90 degree weather (what!?), it turned out to be my favorite trip with the kids.

A few years ago at his work Christmas party, Rex won a 3-night stay at a condo on the beach in San Clemente. We finally cashed it in for this trip. We arrived Sunday afternoon and took a stroll on the beach, dipped our toes in the sand and walked down the pier. We got the girls to bed early so we could spent the next day at Disneyland. They were in for a big surprise when they walked downstairs the next morning and Grandma Glenda was there to greet them with hugs! They had no idea she was coming and were absolutely thrilled! If was fun giving them that surprise and we couldn't have done the trip without her! As always, she was so helpful.



Day 1

We spent most of the day at the Magical Kingdom. We stayed from open to close. My Mom's sister, Melody and my cousin, Colleen were there celebrating my Aunts birthday. It was so fun to spend the day with them. I hadn't seen Colleen since my wedding almost 8 years ago!



Kennedy's favorite rides were the Madderhorn (which she rode 4 times) and Space Mountain. She has this adventurous side that only seems to come out at Disneyland. She tried every ride she was tall enough for and enjoyed them all. We love seeing this side of our timid little gal!

I think I got one ride in with Kennedy and Rex maybe got two. Otherwise, she was at her Grandma's side. Which, I didn't mind when it came to her many bathroom breaks...



Lucy’s favorite rides were the “spaceships” at Tomorrow Land and Dumbo. However, she was a bit of a scardy cat. My Mom and I took the girls into Sleeping Beauty’s castle and Lou got a little freaked out by the dark, so every ride that had some darkness in it caused her to give it two thumbs down. The Bug’s Life movie was the least enjoyed and I had to take her out because she was crying so bad.


She did do really well without her naps. I thought she would get cranky when she got tired but she only got punchier and sillier as the day went on. Here she is relaxing on the bench in the late afternoon, ready to pass out.


Day 2



We started the morning off at California Adventure with breakfast at Ariel's Grotto. We got to see Sleeping Beauty for the first time and that was the Highlight for Kennedy. She drew her a picture that morning at the condo in hopes she would be there this time.





California Adventure is under major renovations right now, so after hitting a bugs land, we headed back over to the other park to finish out the day. The trip came and went way too fast, I think all of us were a bit down trodden as we left the gates that night.

Yeah, we're a little crazy about Disneyland....


Sidenote: The drive home was the longest drive of my life! 5 potty breaks on a 6 hour drive? Honestly, I thought we would never get home! Water intake must be monitored on our next road trip.

4 comments:

Jesse said...

What a great trip! I don't know if I've mentioned it, but CONGRATS on your pregger state! We are so excited for your wonderful family. AND I need to see you- it has been a long time. I'm planning a trip to IKEA sometime in the next couple of weeks, maybe we could stop by? I'll call ya!

Brittani said...

i can't believe i didn't ask all about your trip at dinner tonight! i am glad you guys had fun

Kenningtons said...

I'm dying to go to Disneyland! I LOVE the picture of Kennedy giving Sleeping Beauty the picture she drew for her. So cute!

Megan said...

I wish I could go and take Anna Just ONE time. Geesh. Your family rocks. So jealous.