Wednesday, June 30, 2010

{movie night}


I went to see Eclipse with a couple of my girl friends tonight. I have been looking forward to seeing it for weeks. While waiting in line we noticed several people taking their small children to the movie with them. A 7:00 movie. With violent scenes and werewolves. Who does that!?

As the movie began, a few of those small children started crying. Really loud. Hello, scary werewolves? This one guy a few rows in front of us, was by himself with a 2-3 year-old. The little boy started screaming when the wolves came on the screen. His Dad shhhed him and told him to be quiet. Finally a woman sitting next to him told him to take his son out because he was scared. This was his reply, "I've waited four months to see this movie, I am not leaving!"

Wow. Okay. So he left for a few minutes and came back with some popcorn to shove down his sons throat to keep him quiet. It didn't work for very long. Soon the poor little guy started fussing again. His dad took him over to the hallway of the theater for all the people to hear the echo of muffled screams. I could tell he was covering his mouth. I was so irate at this point that I walked out and asked a manager to come tell him to leave (right when Edward was putting the ring on Bella's finger, mind you!) My blood was boiling. I was so upset at this moron for treating his son so badly I couldn't even enjoy the movie. We didn't even talk about the movie on drive home we were so disgusted.

I'm still mad. Can you tell? Next time I am going to the midnight showing. I'll take screaming teenagers over that experience any day.


11 comments:

Brittani said...

i am really glad we went though!!

Brittani said...

i am really glad we went though!!

Michelle Akauola said...

Crap that is not a good girls night out. I cant belive that people are way to self absorbed.they need to get a clue

Hansen Family said...

Sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully you can see it again in a better setting. Denver and I are going tonigt. (He actually initiated going.)

Keith and Nicci said...

Sorry the experience was crappy, but glad you got to (sort of) see the movie. Still deciding if I'm going or not!

Lindsay G said...

Poor little boy! I would have done the exact same thing that you did...awful awful parenting. I'm sure you'll get to see it again, hopefully under more favorable conditions!

Vickie said...

Next time it will be better. We will go at midnight dresses in our twilight clothes and scream with the young girls.

Papworth's said...

I've always had issues with that! Poor little dude, totally not his fault. Remember when having children meant your life changing and not being able to do everything you wanted to anymore? I hope that little guy kept his dad up all night cause he was scared.

Megan said...

I get so mad about stuff like that. I remember people bringing their small kids to Lord of the Rings. Really?! A THREE hour SCARY movie. People never cease to amaze me.

I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy it because it was good. Definitely the best so far. Not like the first one was hard to beat though. lol.

Maybe we could go again in St. George? Oh. I like that idea. :)

*natalie said...

Oh, Megan...please say you will come with me in St. George!

Hansen Family said...

Robert Pattinson, seriously? I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw him in New Moon with his shirt off. Definately a turn off for me. ;)