Sunday, April 11, 2010

[H]avasu [H]alf

Here we are just a few minutes before the race.
I was sure nervous but I had some awesome cheerleaders.
I got several text throughout the day from friends and family cheering us on.
Thank you for all your support!


At mile 6. Still feeling pretty great.
Little did I know, a brutal head wind was awaiting me at the turn around on mile 8.
It was killer.


Giving it all I had going across the London Bridge at mile 12.
I was determined to finish the race strong.
Rex kept running ahead of me to take pictures which didn't bother me until this moment.
He got seriously snapped at for taking this last picture.


At the finish line.
I still can't believe I did it.
I don't think I have recovered enough to say it was fun but I definitely want to do it again.


My man.
Bless his heart.
He could have finished much faster but he stayed with me the entire race and cheered me on.
The only other men running with us were older men that looked like they were in pain with every step.



The London Bridge after a soak in the pool, a nap, a long hot shower, and a big lunch.
The bridge is pretty cool but the rest was a little bit trashy (after all it was spring break).
Sorry Lake Havasu but I don't think I will be coming back.

*****

This weekend was also the first time we have ever left the girls in someone else's care (thanks mom!).
We missed them dearly and I think they missed us too.
Lucy laid like this on Daddy for a good 10 minutes when we got home.

I told Kennedy that if she was really good for Grandma we would bring her home a surprise.
She was very particular about what she wanted the surprise to be.
Every time we talked on the phone she would ask if we were bringing her a snow white dress.
So of course we had to deliver. Lucy got a princess dress too!
Here they are twirling.




13 comments:

Beach_Crew said...

Woohoo!!! Go Rex and Natalie! Great job guys! i was thinking about you all on Saturday. I'm so glad to hear that your IT band didn't cause you too much grief. Way to go! What a great accomplishment!

The Damron Doc said...

WAHOO! You guys are AWESOME! Can't wait to hear all about it! LOVE the princess dress too!

The Bellyakers... said...

You're my hero-s!!! Well done! So proud of you!!!!

Jesse said...

WOW! Great job. I really want to do one now too. In a year or so.

And, Natalie, could you stop being so tiny already? You look great! Even on mile 12. :)

Brittani said...

I am so impressed that rex ran with you the entire way! next time I will be there with you... just make sure it isn't too soon.

Matt and Allyson said...

yeah for you (and Rex too)! I am planning on doing a half in August. I'll let you know if I make it. I need some closer up photos of those easter buckets! THey look very cute!

Vickie said...

Congrats!! That is a great accomplishment. All your hard work paid off. Love the princesses.

Annie K said...

You are sooo skinny! Way to finish the race. Kennedy seems to be quite the crack up.

Megan said...

Way to go! You seriously look so good. I don't ever want you to see the color of red that my face is when I finish a race. lol. I also love that Kennedy was specific about what she wanted her SURPRISE to be. Gotta love kids. And I will just echo everyone's comments (I am sure you don't mind) you are super skinny and for that I am jealous!

Ali said...

You rock. And you look FABULOUS. I'm sure you look nice too, Rex, but the cute picts are all of Natalie. Sorry.
Seriously, way to go! And way to rock out on fabulous dress ups for the girls. They look adorable.

Michelle Akauola said...

Crap skinny minnie. I am way happy for you. You inspire me. Glad you have recovered next year i will run the half with you at hurrican. I cant spell. Cant wait to see you. give the girls a great big hug and kiss

Kailee Joy said...

Whoo hoo, you go girl!:)

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

Way to go. I can't wait to run a half. I just don't know where or when yet.