Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tea with Mommy

I had a great Mother's Day....not the traditional celebration of being pampered and praised but still good. Rex's dear Grandpa Hansen passed away earlier this week so he flew up to Idaho this weekend to attend the funeral. We all really wanted to go but knew it was going to be a lot of work and cash for a short 48 hour trip. So the girls stayed home. We decided to celebrate my special day with a tea party. Kennedy loved it...and I loved that she loved it!


KJ Sipping her tea


Enjoying the spread - Soup from the can, grilled cheese sandwiches, and apple sauce
{every Mother's dream meal!}


Lucy getting in on the fun



And mini cupcakes for dessert, of course!


I am so grateful to be the Mother of these two little cuties! I hope someday I can be the Mom to them that my own Mother has been to me. I don't know how she did it. Raising seven kids with love, patience, and kindness. Seriously, she is the best!



4 comments:

Brittani said...

i hope you saved some cupcakes for me! the purple frosting= amazing

The Damron Doc said...

You are the best mommy! The cupcakes look awesome!

Keith and Nicci said...

So sorry to hear about Rex's grandpa - glad you girls made the best of your Mother's Day :)

Marliese said...

Hi Natalie and Rex! Fun blog. You are awesome to turn Mother's Day into "Kids' Day" with tea party and all. Looks like fun!