Monday, October 20, 2008

KJ's Big Girl Room

It started with this baby blanket:



I made this faux channel baby quilt before Rex and I even started thinking about having kids. I didn't get to use it much when Kennedy was a baby because it's a little too thick for the Arizona heat. So I decided to decorate her big girl room with it and all the extra fabric I had. Here is the finished project. I just love how it turned out!

We were given this adorable 1940's bed by some friends (thanks S* Family!). My mom came down a few weeks ago and helped me paint it white to match the rest of the furniture.

I really took advantage of her help and we also made the drapes, pillow sham, and painted this jewelry box poodle skirt pink. She was such a trooper. (Yeah the doll freaks me out too...just haven't found anything to take its place yet).






Although I don't plan on moving Kennedy into this room before the baby is born, I am so glad that it is all finished. We had so much fun putting it all together!

9 comments:

Annie K said...

Wow! It looks wonderful. Do you want to come help me at my house?

Remember to Breathe said...

Nat! SO CUTE!! I love the Paris theme with the pink and black! And I'm so excited for your new baby, too.

Michelle Akauola said...

Did you do a new blanket for her or is that the same one. And hello poor baby sister whats her room going to look like. Does kj love it. It turned out way cute! Ky will be so jealous.

Kailee Joy said...

KJ's room turned out very cute! I love the pink and black. Good job you!

terynmendenhall said...

Nice work my dear. When I come visit can I sleep in that room?

Keith and Nicci said...

Sooooooooooo cute! Can I hire you to decorate my kids' rooms someday?

Kenningtons said...

You have got such talent for decorating! When we are back I will have to get your advice on decorating KG's room!!

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

How cute. You guys are so creative. I just can't do things like that

Papworth's said...

Way cute Nat! That looks so fun and i'm sure it took alot of time and energy! I'm very excited for your new little one to come. Dad's going to be even more out numbered huh? Hope to keep in touch.