
Kennedy has a cute sign in her room that says this. When I bought it, I had no idea how true it would be! A very funny thing happened Sunday at church that illustrates just how big of a Daddy's girl she really is.
Our regular nursery leaders were out of town so I happily volunteered to step in because I thought Kennedy would do better if I was with her (the transition to nursery has been anything but smooth over the past month). I left sacrament a little early so I could help set up and Rex brought her in after it was over. When she saw him leave she started howling at the top of her lungs even though she was sitting on my lap. After about five minutes, another lady, who I don't know very well, gave me a look like "Aren't you going to take her to her parents?" I kindly told her that she was indeed with her own Mother. She replied with a startled, "Oh".
Maybe this is a good thing, since she has a little sister coming that will need much of her Mom's attention. But for now...it just down right hurts sometimes!
4 comments:
We've been nursery leaders for the past year. Just drop her off and RUN (and if she has a hard time being away from Rex you'll probably have to do it). After a few weeks she'll calm down (but will be so extremely delighted to see you when you pick her up).
Oh little kennedy she is so cute! She is just trying to test the waters and see what she can get away with. They are way to smart for there own good. I think they know alot more than we give them credit for. Hope you are feeling ok call me when you get around to it. Love ya. Oh and yes you were such a bad maid of honor. Not really I had forgotten all about that. At least we had somthing to keep everyone entertained.
Thanks for arranging the fun GIRLS NIGHT OUT! It was great to laugh and talk about everyones cute kids! Lets do it again soon!!!!
Oh my gosh, you have *no idea* how much I can relate! Laine has always been a Daddy's girl, but last year she went through this horrible phase where everything was, "No! Daddy do it! Daddy do it!"
Everything from getting dressed to brushing teeth to doing hair, she always wanted Ben. My 3 year old reduced me to tears twice I am embarrassed to admit!
I've made peace with being second best now. Dads will always be special because unlike us, they are not always around. Not only that, if Daddy do it then less work for me!
Honestly, it really says nothing about you that she loves her Dad so much. I know how it feels to take it so personally though! At 4 she still loves her Dad and is always talking about missing him or wishing he were here, but we're finally past the phase of the uber-daddy-favoritism. Hopefully it will be the same for you. In the mean time, you just have to look at it for what it is {easier said than done, trust me, I know}.
I hope that helps! If nothing else, know that it is common and lot's of people go through it so they understand what you are feeling.
Post a Comment