
In the last General Conference, President Henry B Erying gave a fantastic talk titled "O Remember, Remember". His words stood out to me more than any other talk that was given that weekend. He talked about when his children were very small he would write down a few things about what happened everyday. Before writing he would ponder this question: “Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?” He said that by doing this it had allowed God to show him what he had done.
After listening to this talk I felt inspired to do the same. I am sad to report that I have yet to start. So I am starting today and since this blog is the only journal I keep, I hope to post these blessings every Sunday (much like Jesse does on her blog...she always has the best ideas).
Great Friends. We have the best ward family. Whether it's going to the park in the afternoons during the week or playing games on the weekend, there is always something going on. It's not easy being away from family but having great friends makes Arizona really feel more like home.
Kennedy's Example. She did the sweetest thing on Friday. As we sat down to eat dinner we glanced at Kennedy in her high chair only to find her with her arms folded waiting for the prayer. I can't believe how observant she is at 15 months old.
Primary. I must confess that when I was first called to the primary, I was not thrilled about it. I was going to have to give up the sweetest calling I have ever had, assistant librarian. But the more time I spend with these kids the more I fall in love with them. They amaze me every week with their knowledge of the gospel and testimonies. There is no other place I would rather be.
Rex's Job. Although there have been some recent bumps in the road, we feel so fortunate to have a good job especially during what is being called the mortgage crisis.
Beautiful Weather. This time of year truly makes it worth enduring those unbearable summers. We were in the 70's all week. I can't believe it's March and we have already busted out Kennedy's summer shorts.
Southwest Airlines. For having round trip tickets to Las Vegas for $130 so I can go to St. George and spend time with my sister-in-law on her 30th birthday!
3 comments:
yes! I was about to leave a nasty comment on how you never blog anymore... so good job... keep up the good work.
This is so great. And I really can't take any credit for the idea. I took it from a friend's blog. I really look forward to making my little list every Sunday. These entries will mean so much to you later on.
Great post, Natalie - I love this idea, too.
Also, how funny/random that you know Amber! I've only met her once (they started dating after we moved here) but she seems so great. (Plus she's a good sport to put up with Anthony. Haha. ) We're hoping we can fly up to Utah to go to the wedding next month.
Post a Comment