Kindergarten is finally here! Kennedy has been so excited all summer to start this next chapter in her life. All day kindergarden is long for a little 5 year old. But she handled it like a champ! Even with a bus ride full of big kids and 115 degree weather during recess.
It also helped to see some familiar faces.
Her friends Cora and Ryann.
Her teacher this year is Mr. G which we have only heard fantastic things about it.
We felt like we won the lottery when we found out he was her teacher.
For the first few days of school, we sent her on the bus and then I would meet her at the school to help her get into the routine of lining up when the bell rang. On the first day I followed her into the classroom to help. I thought I would have a hard time leaving her but when it came right down to it, she was so excited and ready I couldn't help but feel it too. Here she is telling me it is time to leave and that she was going to be ok. I am so proud of her!

1 comment:
Hooray for Miss Kennedy! All day Kindergarten - I bet she was exhausted after the first week!
Post a Comment