Sunday, May 20, 2012

Preschool [Complete!]

Kennedy had her last day of preschool this week with the much loved Miss Teddy. 
She is going to miss her so much.
Lucy is thrilled it's finally her turn to go.
Mom and Dad cannot believe we are sending our little girl to Kindergarden come August.



She had a very fun last day with a field trip to Cold Stone Creamery.






Kennedy has so many cherished memories of going to preschool with her friends.
I am so grateful she had fantastic teacher.

Posing with Miss Teddy on her very first day



And 2 years later on her last day of school





In the last 2 years Kennedy has grown almost 2 inches. She went from 43 3/4" to 45 1/2". She has learned her letters and is doing really well with sounding out her words. She loves to color and draw and spends many hours doing so. These days she colors everything like a rainbow as illustrated by her artwork she is constantly plastering to the fridge.


Some other things about Kennedy lately (an excerpt from Rex's journal): 

KJ has been so fun lately.  I love to watch the way she is developing.  When she plays with Lu, she takes on this motherly role almost.   When she plays with Vi, she is about as sweat with her as Nat.  I can tell she watches the way we interact with little V and then she mimics it.  Is very cute…and it makes Vi smile. 
            
Since KJ took swimming lessons, it is like her confidence has taken a large step forward.  She is so fun to watch in the water now.  She is not afraid to jump in from the side, or even off a small diving board.  Then she kicks and swims to the side…it is awesome to watch her enthusiasm for the water! 
            
She is getting some of her mom’s sass as well.  She is strong willed, stubborn, and has a slight tendency to freak out if something isn’t just the way she wants it.  But, she is working on that…I can see her at times thinking through her emotions and calming herself down.   I am so proud of my little KJ and am so happy she is in our family. 



1 comment:

Megan said...

Cold Stone! SO many memories ;)

I am so stoked to send Annabelle to kindergarten in the Fall!