Friday, February 3, 2012

Birthday Drama Queen



That's me! Everyone knows I love when it's my birthday. Even if it's the last year in my 20's (pooh, pooh!). Rex calls it my birthweek because I seem to drag it out for days.

My Mom came to town the week before and as usual, spoiled me rotten. She is usually here the day of so, when Rex realized she wasn't going to be, he really had to step up his game to meet my birthday demands! The only flaw in his plan was he let the girls get involved. They picked out Mario Kart for the Wii as my present from them. What the...? Pretty sure that present was more for them then it was for me. They were so excited about it, I couldn't help but get excited too. They did give me earrings as well, which did soften the blow a bit. But then he let them decorate the cake. I was upstairs feeding V and getting her to bed while they worked on it. I saw these pictures later when I downloaded them to my computer. Interesting....





I hope they washed their hands, to say the least!

Rex surprised me with the mirror I have been eyeing for our room as well as some tickets to Shen Yin, a beautiful classical Chinese dance performance. The show was incredible! Other birthweek festivities included a night out to Zupas with the ladies, lunch and a pedicure with my friend Vickie, a lunch date with Lucy on the big day and no cooking for a week!

All in all, I feel like I started my 29th year out with a bang! I am already planning my big 30th. A birthday trip to Disneyland is already in the works!

3 comments:

Shannon W. said...

That's my kind of party. Happy birthday Natalie! and enjoy the celebration as long as you can.

Megan said...

Happy (late) Birthday! There are reason why Dad's are the 'fun' ones. They let kids to stuff like that, that I would never do. lol.

Sounds like you had a great week (birthdays should be celebrated and dragged out).

Also, your girls are so so adorable. That is all :)

Michelle Akauola said...

Oh dont act like you didnt love the mario kart game cause you know we played it for hours when we were young. I am glad you had a great week wished I could have been there. Maybe I will get envited to the disney 30th bash. hehehehehheeh. Love ya cant wait to see those cutie girls