Wednesday, November 2, 2011

halloween

We had a great Halloween weekend filled with all kinds of fun.
The older my kids get, the more I fall in love with this holiday.
(Violet is missing from several pictures because she was usually sleeping).





Saturday morning Rex and the girls attended the Hamilton's annual Pumpkin carving party.
Vi and I stayed home to catch up on some much needed sleep.






Up next, our ward Trunk-or-Treat
Both girls wanted to be rainbow fairies this year.






Just another reason why Dad is cooler than Mom.
He is willing to dress up, I am not.


 Vi had to be a little rainbow fairy too to match her sissy's!






We finished off the Halloween festivities with a Spooktacular Halloween Party at the Ricks.
First we had dinner, which included a soup bar, mummy wraps and jello brains.

(shaky hands because you are starving + your camera set to aperture priority = blurry pic)
The girls had a blast seeing all their friends in costume.



Next up: Trick-or-Treating
The girls only lasted about 30 minutes because they couldn't keep up with the group.
Not very many chocolate bars for Mom and Dad at the end of the night :(


After the Trick-or-Treating, we let the kids stay up late
and watch Casper while sorting their candy.
The adults sat out on the back porch and enjoyed our fantastic 80 degree weather (finally!).

Other things to remember about Halloween 2011:

We introduced the girls to the movie Hocus Pocus (or as Lucy calls is, Pocus Pocus). It has become a bit of an obsession around here. They wanted to watch it everyday and I am sure I have answered about 1,000 questions over it. 

One of their favorite things to do was eat dinner in the dark, with candles lit around the table, and listen to Halloween party music.

Favorite Song to Sing: Werewolf Bar Mitzvah by Tracy Jorgan. Rex and I are big fans of 30 Rock and this scene is hil-ar-ious!


4 comments:

Brittani said...

what a fun post!! Love it. The grass looks great too. way to go guys.

Annie K said...

Did your girls ask you what a virgin was after seeing Hocus Pocus? That is one of the questions my kids asked.

Megan said...

I have said it before, but I will keep sayin it...your girls are ridiculously adorable! Rex is awesome in that costume.

And it is totally rude of your to flaunt the 80 degree weather in my face. Just sayin...

Kristen Kohler said...

So fun!! The girls look so cute in their costumes. Lucy's hair looks so cute- you will have to teach me how to do girl hair!