Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Year in Review {2010}


{January}

  • Found out that Rex was still going to have his job. Which was a great big sigh of relief!
  • Lucy took her first steps.
  • Nat celebrated another birthday with shopping, a visit from the parentals, and being pleasantly surprised when Rex threw her a party. He even baked and frosted the cake!
  • Rex and I officially started training for my first race, The Havasu Half Marathon!

{February}

  • My brother John married the most amazing gal, Jordan. We spent a long weekend in MP to celebrate with them.
  • At the reception, we learned that there is no stopping Lucy from dancing when a DJ is around.

{March}

  • Grandma Vicki came to visit for her spring break. We always love when she comes to visit.
  • Took Lucy to the Zoo and learned that it is her most favorite place on earth!
  • We spent many hours in front of the tv watching the winter olympics; giggling at the ice dancing and cheering on Shawn White.

{April}

  • Rex and I had a little get-a-way to Lake Havasu to complete the half marathon! It was torture but I want to do it again for some weird reason...
  • Kennedy overcame her fear of riding her new bike Santa brought her.
  • Enjoyed Easter weekend right here with the sunshine and friends.
  • Lucy had her 1st haircut. She needs to stop growing up, I can't


{May}

  • Made trip 2 of 4 (in 2010) to Mt. Pleasant for mother's day, a long afternoon of family pictures, and Mia's baby blessing. My Mom always has a sneaky way off getting us all together on holiday's.
  • After a series of unfortunate events (which involved his car breaking down about 10 minutes into his drive to St. George), Rex finally made it there for a guys weekend with his brothers.
  • Because of mentioned car breaking down, we were forced to purchase a new Ford Fusion. Which we love now!

{June}

  • Mia, Jacci, and my Mom came for a visit. We spent the time shopping, swimming and mugging on baby Mia!
  • Lucy turned 18 months old, which means nursery at church. Holla! She did not go quietly however...
  • Kennedy had her first swimming lessons. She made had every excuse in the book not to get in the water. Bribes of a princess swimming suit were quickly made if she went to her class everyday.

{July}

Watching the fireworks with cookies.

  • Celebrated the 4th of July in Tuscan. It turned out to be one of those get-a-ways that we wished we could have left our kids at home.
  • Natalie had a fun weekend in St. George with besties from her Dixie days.

{August}

  • Celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary with the most amazing dinner at Lon's in Scottsdale.
  • The girls and I made trip 3 of 4 to Utah when the great wasp stings of 2010 happened to Kennedy. She is still very traumatized over it.
  • Kennedy started her first year at preschool!

{September}

  • We went to Disneyland to celebrate Grandma Glenda's 60th birthday with the entire *S fam. Best. Birthday Party. Ever!
  • 10 days later we made our way up to MP for the 4th time to celebrate the 2nd Seely/Boswell wedding! My brother James married Shannon, who is Jacci's best friend and Jordan's sister!


{October}

  • Went camping up Mt. Lemmon and discovered that our girls are even more wussy that we originally thought.
  • Threw a totally awesome 80's party for my dear friend Rebecca for her 30th.
  • Natalie got called as the Laurel Advisor in Young Womens. She was and still is completely freaked out about it.
  • Had a Halloween palooza that left us all completely wiped out.


{November}


  • Celebrated Kennedy’s 4th birthday with a showing of the movie Tangled.
  • Went to Idaho for Thanksgiving and endured the blizzard of 2010 and frigid 6 degree weather.


{December}


  • Celebrated Lucy's 2nd birthday with a trip to the zoo and a visit from Grandpa and Grandma *S!
  • Rex and I ran race called the 12k's of Christmas. We had a big group of friend running with us, which made it a lot of fun!
  • We decided that we did not want to make it a 5th trip to MP for Christmas. We just couldn't bear the thought of doing that drive again!
  • Instead we had a magical Christmas here which included a Christmas activity almost every night of the month.

I'll be honest, 2010 was not my favorite year, we definitely had our ups and downs.
But as I look back on all the great things we did,
I can't help but feel truly blessed!

4 comments:

Jesse said...

What a year!
2010 wasn't my favorite either, except for Eden coming our way (and moving west of course!). I cheered loudest new year's eve. So ready for a new start. Here's to a better 2011!

Michelle Akauola said...

Wow I dont know how you remembered all of that I totally forgot that the olympics took place. You need to do the hurrican half with me this year in april it would be a lot of fun and I did not know that you were called to be a young womens advisor man I need to call you more. I know Im not a very good sister but that doesnt mean that I dont love ya and miss ya couse I do and I cant belive you are going to be 28 soon. Lets make this year the best year yet

Brittani said...

i agree on the not favorite year... but here is to the adventures!!

Megan said...

Some things I thought after reading about your year... You sure do travel a lot! But I got to see you as a result and it was so much fun. Yay! Your girls are super cute - I can't get enough of their posing.

Oh and good luck with 2011 - I don't envy your potty training. I suppose I might be doing the same things this year too with Evan. Bleh.