The girls and I took a last minute trip to Utah before Miss Jane starts school this month.

Driving to MP from the airport.
It melts my heart when they hold hands.
I am constantly telling them they are very best friends, hoping it will stick.
The Highlights:
01. Wagon rides down the street to see the Shetland ponies and baby calves.
02. Enjoying the 80 degree weather and daily thunder storms.
03. Checking out Uncle Vern's baby pigs and "Big Mama." This had to be Lucy's favorite part of the trip. She has her oink oink down!
04. Terrel's fried chicken and potato logs.
02. Enjoying the 80 degree weather and daily thunder storms.
03. Checking out Uncle Vern's baby pigs and "Big Mama." This had to be Lucy's favorite part of the trip. She has her oink oink down!
04. Terrel's fried chicken and potato logs.
06. A grand tea party from the hostess with the mostess...Aunt Jen.
05. Seeing some of our favorite people: grandparents, cousins, and the aunts & uncles!

The second day we were there, Kennedy wasn't feeling well. She had a fever and by 10:00 am she asked to go back to bed and had a 4 hour nap. After her fat nap, she felt much better and was excited to go play outside with her cousins. The kids were up in the playhouse when the evil of all evil wasps decided to take his anger out on her. She was stung six times before I could get to her. As I pulled her out of the playhouse, he stung me too. It was quite traumatic. I felt so bad for her I was crying too.


Kennedy, Olivia, and Lucy on their way to see the ponies
The ultimate low-light:
The second day we were there, Kennedy wasn't feeling well. She had a fever and by 10:00 am she asked to go back to bed and had a 4 hour nap. After her fat nap, she felt much better and was excited to go play outside with her cousins. The kids were up in the playhouse when the evil of all evil wasps decided to take his anger out on her. She was stung six times before I could get to her. As I pulled her out of the playhouse, he stung me too. It was quite traumatic. I felt so bad for her I was crying too.
Uncle Vern spent the next hour destroying all the hives he could find (there were loads of them in the tramp frame.) But she was still absolutely terrified to go outside, which made the trip kind of a bummer for all of us.

Nursing her puffy hand.
She got three bites on her thumb, one on her middle finger, and two on her legs.
8 comments:
Big frowny face for the wasp stings :(
So sad for Kennedy. That is the worst! Hope she is feeling better! I think that episode deserves a mani-pedi or something! :)
rex told us about the stings! Poor girl. I can totally see her being afraid to go outside again though. yikes. We miss you guys! see you soon
No fun for Miss Kennadee at all! I can't believe you drove up to Utah again so soon after the last trip. You are amazing! And I can't believe your child is starting school. Crazy. I should enroll Anna. I know she would love it. But I am too cheap. lol.
I would also like to apologize. I just realized I spelled your daughters name wrong. In my defense, I have a friend whose daughter spells it the way I typed ;)
Oh KJ I am so sorry! That is so sad!Hope you are feeling better! See you guys soon! We miss you!
oh- I started telling Ryann that she and cara are best friends today because of this post! so sweet
Whaaaaat!!! How sad! That almost makes me cry!! We miss you like CRAZY!!!
Post a Comment