I am a big fan of the blog, Barefoot in the Kitchen. Stephanie (the author) is an amazing seamstress who lives right here in the valley. Upon reading this post, I discovered her grammy made the exact same pumpkins for her and her siblings when she was younger. Crazy, I know! So I went out on a limb and sent her a note to see if she thought she could recreate them. To my absolute joy, she quickly replied and told me it would be a snap! A few days later, I drove out to her house and picked up a new pumpkin she made for Lucy and a pattern so I can make one for all my kids.
Are they not adorable!?
You can learn how to make one here.
You can learn how to make one here.
Confession: Upon receiving Lucy's, I felt like Kennedy's needed a little fixing up.
So, I replaced the rickrack on the lid with black lace, fixed the stem a bit, and redid a very worn out face.
5 comments:
You inspire me. I think that if we lived closer to each other we would be great friends. I love reading your blog! By the way...congrats on the jeans. Looking forward to the sweet day when I can try on some cute jeans again!
I love Barefoot in the Kitchen as well. These are so cute. You are quite the domestic diva these days! Canning, sewing up a storm... give us a chance to keep up already. :) The pumpkins are so cute.
new font? i like it. i think the pumpkins are awesome to!
So cute! I want to make some now. Your girls are both so adorable and getting so big! Yay for blogs, indeed, for grandma's pumpkin patterns and for keeping in touch with old friends! :) Love ya!
Love it! how do you have the time. Hey Im going to the hospital tomarrow and I will post some pics for you. Love you and wish you were here.
Post a Comment