Sunday, August 9, 2009

July

I know this is a bit dated but I couldn't skip over all the fun we had in July. We were gone for most of the month so be prepared for info and picture overload!

Vacation #1: Girls Weekend

My besties from high school put together a girls weekend in St. George. Rex was so sweet to let me leave the girls with him so I could go. Which, by the way, was a royal pain because Lucy is still nursing. I had to pump twice a day for two weeks (sorry for the over share Shawny but I must document the great effort it took to go!). I had to pump once so Lucy would get used to taking a bottle. Then, I had to pump a second time to make sure there was enough milk in the freezer for the short 2 1/2 days I was gone. It was well worth it though. We had a great time staying up late talking, then sleeping in, eating, swimming, and covering just about every memory we had together from high school.

The Girls: Natalie, Amanda, Angie, Tiffany, and Ashlee
(Poor Katie got deathly sick at the last minute and was unable to come. I was so bummed!)

Vacation #2: MP

Two days after my weekend in St. George, the girls and I (Rex, of course, was working) headed off to Mt. Pleasant to visit Grandpa and Grandma S* for the 24th of July. The day we flew in, we decided to meet all the cousins at Lagoon before driving on south. I regretted this decision the minute we got there...it was so dang hot! But at least the kids had fun, I think.



The rest of the week we had a great time playing in the backyard and going down the the Manti for tea parties and swimming. My sister Jen takes her tea parties seriously, talk about hostess with the mostess! It's like she owns a Bed-and-Breakfast or something...


For the 24th, we woke up early and went to the parade in Fairveiw. Then, for dinner we drove up Fairview Canyon to see the A* family while they were camping and enjoyed one of Vern's famous cooked pigs and chop suy. The crisp mountain air felt so good in my lungs. It made me miss living in good old Sanpete county.



Vacation #3: Idaho


After spending a few days in MP, I decided we needed to drive up the Idaho and see Grandpa and Grandma D*. The girls did awesome on the drive and we had a great time going to the park, eating luch with Great Grandma H*, and picking rasberries and snap peas from the garden. On the drive home we met the S* cousin's again, but this time at 7-peaks. This was a much cooler and enjoyable choice than Lagoon.


Vacation #4: Lake Powell

Our summer vacay would not be complete without the annual Lake Powell trip! I love this S* family tradition. Rex met us there and we soon realized that Lake Powell is all about the kids these days. We felt like we had our own little mini vacation everyday when the kids were napping. During this time we would take advatage and go out on the jet ski, kayak, swim, jump off the house boat, go down the slide, and just lay out on our rafts.

4 comments:

Brittani said...

way too many pictures to make comments! love it and i love that you are home because we missed you!

Keith and Nicci said...

Crazy month, but so much fun for you guys too!

Beach_Crew said...

Fun to visit with you yesterday! Glad you are back!

Natalie Que said...

Is this a new blog, how did I miss this? Your girls are just adorable, so so cute.

Thanks for your comment, I know, so great for tea parties right? Such a great easy dessert that looks fancy and like it took a lot of time.