Thursday, September 20, 2007

Rex + Natalie

1. Where did you first meet your husband?
Institute building, Dixie State College, St. George, UT. My roommate (BFF Nicole) was engaged to his roommate at the time. Although we had heard a lot about each other, it was few months before we actually met. He had even watched movies at my house with a date before we ran into each other. One night I had an interview with the bishop and he was the executive secretary in our ward. While I was waiting for my interview he approach me and introduced himself.
~
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
He must of said something like, "are you Nicole's friend Natalie"? I don't really know what I said back but I do remember thinking that I would really like him to ask me out.
~
3. Where was your first date?
October 12, 2002 (a few days after the formal introduction) in Vegas baby! What started out as a little trip with friends turned out to be our first "unofficial" date. There wasn't enough room for all of us in one car so I jumped into Rex's little Subaru for the 2 hour drive. What could have been really awkward (ya know... riding alone with somebody you have just met for a total of 4 hours) turned out to be so much fun. We hit it off right away and chatted the entire way there, shared dessert at the Cheesecake Factory, watched the fountains while listening to "Time to Say Goodbye" at the Bellagio, and talked the entire way home. Needless to say, I was very excited when he came and sat by me during sacrament the next day.
~
4. Where was your first kiss?
Outside my parents condo in St. George over looking the beautiful city. It was a few days after the Vegas trip and three days before our first "official date". He came over for ice cream and while I was walking him out to his car, he went in for the kill (he would tell you I made the first move however...). Before he left he told me he would call me the next day, which in boy world meant a few days. I waited and waited for a call until finally after work on Friday he showed up on my doorstep and asked me if he could take me out on a real date. He claimed he didn't know my phone number and that's why he didn't call...like his roommate didn't have it! I quickly obliged to go out with him and he was forgiven :)
~
5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
We had a very short engagement (7 weeks). In May of 2003, I finally convinced him that he wanted to marry me as much as I wanted to marry him on the drive back to St. George from attending my brother's wedding in Manti. At first, he was really reluctant to talk about the details but, once we got started he relaxed and we pretty much had the wedding planned by the time we got home. I was ecstatic! So, from first date to wedding...10 months.
~

6. Where did you get engaged?
About 100 yards from where we had out first kiss on the 9th fairway at Southgate Golf Course. It was so romantic. He had candles, dessert, and serenaded me by playing his guitar and singing "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. In the last verse of the song he got down on one knee and sang, "Natty won't you be my wife"? It was a very tearful moment.
~
7. Where did you get married?
In the Manti Temple on August 2, 2003, sealed by my uncle, in the exact same room my parents were sealed when they were married. My favorite part of the day was the photo session we had outside the temple just before the ceremony. It was just Rex, Me and the photographer. We were sooo gitty!
~
8. How did the reception go?
It was so beautiful. It was held at my sisters Bed and Breakfast, The Manti House Inn. We thought it would be a good idea to have the reception shortly after the ceremony so that we could enjoy our first evening as husband and wife. However, our reception was abruptly cut short due to some afternoon showers. At the time I didn't care (hello...just got married!), but during the honeymoon I kept saying, "I can't believe it rained"! I am still sad about it.
~
9. How was the honeymoon?
We are such big kids....we spent a week at DisneyWorld and looOved it!



***Okay...I want to hear your story now***




3 comments:

Frampton Family said...

Aww! That was such a cute story Nat. Thanks for sharing. I forgot to comment on how cute Michelle's kids are . I don't think I've seen them for about two years. You must have so much fun when you go home. I really miss your family. I remember the good ol'days when we stayed down at your parents house. Nat, keep up the cute pictures of Kennedy. She is an absolute doll.

Janelle

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Thanks for sharing Natalie! We love hearing your story :)

tyler and ali said...

You guys are so cute! I loved this post! We miss you all...I wish you were close so that we could play with you guys--uh, I mean so Kennedy and Sheridan could play. Yeah...